Should I Use Zillow?
Oh, the power of the internet! Over the past decade, the ability to search real estate properties using the internet has literally changed the industry. But should you always trust what you read online? Today’s question is, should I use Zillow.com to find out what my home is worth? The answer might make you think twice.
Here’s what you need to know, and this comes straight from Zillow’s website.
“The Zestimate home valuation is Zillow’s estimated market value, computed using proprietary formula. It is not an appraisal. It is a starting point in determining a home’s value. The Zestimate is calculated from public and used submitted data, your real estate agent or appraiser physically inspects the home and takes special features, locations, and market conditions into account. We encourage buyers, sellers, and homeowners to supplement Zillow’s information by doing other research such as:
- Getting a comparative market analysis from a real estate agent
- Getting an appraisal from a professional appraiser
- Visiting the house (whenever
The point is that Zillow admits it's “Zestimate” is simply a “starting point” in determining a home’s value. You are much better off contacting a real estate agent when you want to find out what your home is really worth. You see, Zillow’s computer algorithm can’t take certain things into account like market pressures that change from week to week and from neighborhood to neighborhood. The BHURDinUtah agents know market values and when you sell with us, you can expect a thorough, detailed evaluation of your property. Your BHURDinUtah agent will come to your home and give you:
- A room-by-room analysis. We give you ideas on how to improve the value of your house and important tips for home staging that will make a difference when it comes time to sell your house.
- A pin-point analysis. We're able to tell you within a pretty accurate, concise range what we believe your house is going to sell for based on neighborhood comparatives and current market trends.
Where Zillow is a computer algorithm, we give you personalized advice on how to price and sell your home, so you can get the best deal. If you’ve been wondering what your home is worth, skip Zillow. Instead, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Within 24 hours, we’ll set up an appointment to look over your property and advise you on how to move forward. When it comes to selling your home, one of your biggest financial assets, we think you deserve the best service possible.